WE ARE MOVING!!!....WE ARE MOVING!!!...WE ARE MOVING!!!...

Sunday, September 12, 2010

THE DAY I CONQUER THE TIGER.


Just when you think there's nothing else to learn, not because i think of myself of bn any better than anyone, just because i decide to park my body on the garage 2 years ago after using it and abusing it for more than 30 years, jumping up and down, landing on my head from time and breaking some bones while having fun. It come the day when you say, OK I'm happy I got my medals and trophies is time to stop...but not, we can't stop, we just rest, we have breaks, sometime very long break and then one day you get up and feel an acrobat again and start playing around again...and this is what's happening in my life at this moment. As you all know I'm a 41 years young man and have so much energy and passion for what I do that I can't stop and never will...sometime I think myself as been a 70 o 80 years young man doing a headstand or even a handstand...you never know, I may even learn a new trick.After all we never stop learning. And thanks to Michael from the PLANCHE TRAINING FORUM who ask for help on the Tiger Bend...Tiger Bend, what's that? I have to be honest and call me whatever but I never heard off in my life. So I discreetly when to Youtube ant type the pussycat bend, and there it was...a million of amazing acrobats standing on there elbows with arch back and pushing up to handstand.
Wow...”Just when you think there's nothing else to learn”...got my camera out, did a short warm up and went on my elbows and press all the way to handstand and there it was...THE TIGER BEND!!!



This is how I did it.

From tiger position you start leaning forward with your shoulders and your feet at the same time... there is a tendency to drop your legs...so you should keep then over your head at all time. then press to handstand...On the way down start by bending your arm slowly like a reverse press, then when you almost touch the floor start leaning backward leading with your elbows and always keeping your feet over your head(that's the idea)...very technical indeed.
you have to take it easy and feel every single move.
was it good for me? ...definitely. It was good to try something new but....
 Do to my 3 fracture disc in my lower back i find it a bit uncomfortable and even painful, but i did it. not something that i will be doing every day.
I was playing around a bit and manage to do some alternate tiger bend...another one to try!
 next week...ALTERNATE TIGER BEND!!!




3 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing that wonderful story. i am in my mid 30s and starting to train for handstand. i am going to take my time learning that skill and also learning some wrist and shoulder rehab techniques. i really like the information on your website. it will be very useful to me. thank you.

    nakia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Nakia! Thanks for the nice comment, i'm glad you like it.Remember that i'm here to help! so feel free to joint the Forum and post your questions! c u there!!!

    The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination.
    Tommy Lasorda

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have joined the forum and i will post a question soon. Thank you. I like the quote from Lasorda. Peace!!

    Nakia

    ReplyDelete