WE ARE MOVING!!!....WE ARE MOVING!!!...WE ARE MOVING!!!...

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

SCAPULAR STRENGTH EXERCISE..VERY IMPORTANT FOR HANDSTAND


TRAIN YOUR SCAPULAR MUSCLES TO PREVENT AND TREAT SHOULDER PAIN.

Since scapular muscles are heavily involve in handstand and planche training, we should know what they are, how they work and how to train them.
I remember back in Cuba on the mid 80Th when I was a junior gymnast, they make us do this exercise shown in the video above. I ask, what they are for? For your scapula, was the answer...and what's the scapula? I didn't got the answer for that one...(hey coach, your forgot to do you home work!)sure my coach didn't have a clue, so he decided to skip that one..but hey, the Russian gymnast where doing it, so it have to be good! And I'm sure he was wright...touch wood. Through my career I have injured, my back, neck, ankles, wrists... even my left ear, but never my shoulder...so, it works!!! Sorry couch, but I have to apologise because I completely forgot about the hall scapular thing till now...some 25 years later. Yes, it took me that long to find the answer to my own question. What's the scapula and what does it do?
I have found a short but very interesting article that I will like to share with you, so you don't have to wait another 25 years. Read here...
Any way the real purpose of the video was to show where the shoulders should be place when holding a two hand handstand or a one hand handstand for this matter.
Shoulders should be completely push out, next to your ears or as close as possible...you know what I mean? Push that floor and grow tall and lock your shoulder and the SCAPULAS!!!

Luis Sarabia

PS: Remember..."MASTER PLAN-CHE TUTORIAL 1. SPECIFIC CONDITIONING FOR PLANCHE" ..coming soon!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great work. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with us much appreciated.

    Yours sincerely,
    Misha

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the good tip about the scapula. beginners need to see this and follow this information and do their own research. people practicing handstand and planche need to know their anatomy and the function of the shoulder, rotator cuff, etc. thanks ernest for the knowledge.

    nakia

    ReplyDelete