WE ARE MOVING!!!....WE ARE MOVING!!!...WE ARE MOVING!!!...

Saturday, September 18, 2010

HERE'S A TOP TIP TO PUSH UP TO HANDSTAND


When you pull, your biceps, back and shoulders muscles get involve, and when you push, the triceps, pectorals and shoulder do the work. that is exactly what happen when you Push to handstand.
Dose tree muscle become a team to get you up there and down the easy and more comfortable way.
What happen if one of then goes on holiday? The other two have to work extra hard to help you up.
A common mistake that I see some acrobats doing when trying to do this exercise is that the tend to open the elbows out, breaking the synergy between dose muscle groups (Synergy?... Wow, not sure if that's the correct word) but sounds good! Hopefully you know what I mean. You will better understand it when you watch the video.
Lest cut the crap and keep it simple. This is my tip...”TUCK YOUR ELBOWS IN AND DON'T ARCH YOUR BACK”...push...push and push some more.
PS: 2 hours previous to me doing this short video I was in hospital in agony with my back problem and this beautiful nurse give me a Valium injection...knocking my down...so I was a bit drowsy...my apologies if my English sound worst than ever!
All the best.

4 comments:

  1. Great tip for handstand pushup!! I will keep this in mind when i get to that level. I am currently doing pike pushups to build up the strength. After that i will progress to elevated pike pushups. Slow and steady wins the race. Thank you again.

    Nakia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you back recovers Louis. All the best

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all those tips. This is really a great blog. It really motivates me when i see you doing those exercies with such good control.
    I work now with tucked planche and handstands.
    I tried to do 'manna' a few times(just out of curiosity) but it seems really hard, not to say impossible :)

    ReplyDelete